Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Interrupt This Advice Column To Bring You An Easter Card

I have NO idea how old I was when I wrote this. Honestly, I vaguely remember doing it when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade at Holy Name.

When I pulled this out of the cedar chest, the first thing I saw was the back of the card and couldn't ma
ke sense of it. Was I an atheist in 3rd grade?



Then I realized that that's a picture of some other saint (who rolled the rock away from Jesus' tomb?) and announced that Jesus wasn't there and that he'd risen from the dead.

I was probably an atheist then, too, though. I'm surprised the nuns let me get away with putting this on the front cover of an Easter card:


I also, apparently, wasn't too sure that other people would appreciate my artistic abilities, because I urge my mother and grandmother (Mamas) to throw the card out.






No comments:

Post a Comment